On-site EVENT 20-21 FEBRUARY 2023, Cape Town (South Africa)
Local Hosts: SAMRC
The EU-Africa PerMed project has initiated several core stakeholder engagement initiatives from February 2022 to January 2023. These workshops allowed discussions on the perception of PM, the main challenges and opportunities of PM in Africa and potential advantages of a closer collaboration with Europe in integrating local knowledge and practice. In-depth regional engagements followed across the African continent, as a mode for advancing PM in Africa on various levels: for developing the PM agenda, building collaborations, structuring platforms, and scientific hubs, strengthening regulatory frameworks and developing regional strategies.
The EU-Africa PerMed second stakeholder workshop aims to bring together around 80-100 key representatives from government, academia and industry such as health system policymakers, researchers, regulatory authorities, funding agencies, science councils, health care providers, researchers, scientific societies, regional technology developers and international organisations, from Africa and Europe. Therefore, the second stakeholder workshop will provide an opportunity to reflect on the findings from prior activities to:
- Review the PM landscape in Africa from various Regional Outcomes.
- Validation and refinement of areas of mutual interest between Africa and Europe
- Validating the gaps and needs identified for developing areas of interest.
- The importance and understanding models of collaboration with the EU
- Reflect on models of collaboration for developing PM in the different regions of Africa (governance, funding, partnerships, training program, etc.)
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for collaboration with Europe.
The concept note for the workshop is available here.
The agenda of this event is also available here.
For information, please contact project coordinator (email@example.com) or the organizers at SAMRC (Rizwana.Mia@mrc.ac.za)