Identifying gaps, needs and areas of collaboration in Personalized Medicine
5th -6th December 2022
Cape Town, South Africa
The regional stakeholder workshop aims to bring together stakeholders’ representatives from government, academia and industry such as health system policy makers, researchers, regulatory authorities, funding agencies, science councils, health care providers, researchers, scientific societies, regional technology developers and international organizations. Stakeholders will include Southern African countries from Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
The meeting objective will address Personalized Medicine (PM) in Southern Africa which will include:
• Review the landscape of PM in the Southern African region
• Identify gaps and needs for developing PM in the region.
• Identify and prioritize areas of interest in the region.
• Reflect on models of consortium for developing PM in the region (governance, funding partnerships, and training programs, etc.)
• Identify challenges and opportunities for collaboration with international regions such as Europe.
For any enquiries, please contact Mr Karabo Kgomo Karabo.Kgomo@mrc.ac.za