EU-Africa PerMed – Building Links Between Europe and Africa in Personalised Medicine
Date & Time: 6th December 2022 @14:00-16:00 (local time in South Africa)
During the session, together with a presentation of the vision of the EU Programs in PM and the EU-Africa PerMed project, invited participants from different African regions and stakeholder groups (policy makers, researchers, funding agencies) will discuss aspects such as:
- What is the scientific and policy landscape of PM in Africa?
- The gaps and needs of PM in Africa?
- How does Africa pursue developing a continental agenda for personalised medicine with a regional focus?
- How would international collaboration between Africa and Europe or rather inter-African regional collaboration be useful to increase the level of awareness and understanding of PM among policy makers?
- How can African countries prioritise PM in national health/research strategies and what role can international research funding programmes play?
The discussions will foster core stakeholder opinion from academia, government/policy makers and industry to understand the mutual benefit for collaboration.